3 most important contributions of Dr. Genichi Taguchi:-
a) Taguchi Loss Function (TLF), links process variation to monetary losses or savings.
b) Robust Quality Engineering (Product and Process Robustness).
c) Signal-To-Noise (STN) Ratio in Design of Experiment.
ContributionsTaguchi has made a very influential contribution to industrial statistics. Key elements of his quality philosophy include the following:
- Taguchi loss function, used to measure financial loss to society resulting from poor quality;
- The philosophy of off-line quality control, designing products and processes so that they are insensitive ("robust") to parameters outside the design engineer's control; and
- Innovations in the statistical design of experiments, notably the use of an outer array for factors that are uncontrollable in real life, but are systematically varied in the experiment.
- Indigo Ribbon from the Emperor of Japan
- Willard F. Rockwell Medal of the International Technology Institute
- Honorary member of the Japanese Society of Quality Control and of the American Society for Quality
- Shewhart Medal of the American Society for Quality (1995)
- Honoured as a Quality Guru by the British Department of Trade and Industry (1990)
Fax : +605-805 2721
Email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog : http://cqeblog.blogspot.com
Web : http://www.cqetraining.com